In New Zealand
COVID-19 and our services
At Alert Level 2 we encourage you to apply for your passport online or by post. There are limited face-to-face appointments available.
If you need to come in for a face-to-face appointment:
- You will be greeted by security staff, who will ask you to show confirmation of your appointment.
- Only the person with the appointment will be allowed in, along with a support person if you need one.
- Our counters are not currently accepting cash payments – bring a credit or debit card with you.
- We will be following Ministry of Health guidelines of maintaining physical distancing of 1 metre. We will be able to contact trace everyone in the office.
- Stay home if you feel unwell and call us instead.
Looking for something?
You can search our website to find the information you need, a good place to start is the search bar above.
Commonly asked questions
Our office locations
Contact centre hours:
8am-7pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
Use the online email enquiry form if you have a general enquiry or an enquiry about a current passport application.
Post or courier to
New Zealand Passport office
Department of Internal Affairs
PO Box 1568
Please do not send cash in the post